I was unable to fully concentrate on this exercise this week due to other things going on in my life. However, I did try it and was unsuccessful at accomplishing what I was hoping to achieve with this exercises. My mind was uncontrollable and it kept wandering into other directions. I believe this was so because of everything I have been dealing with this week and I never really gave myself, and my mind, time to calm down this week. Nonetheless, I was able to relax and feel calmer after the exercise. I will re-try this exercise again in hopes to fulfill what I really wanted to accomplish in this exercise, which is reaching a new level in my psychological and spiritual wellness.
I must say this phrase is very important in health and wellness professionals. “One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself”. It means that if we want someone to follow our lead, we must lead by example. As a health and wellness professional, I must uphold to the standards that I would like for my clients to be at. I think it is very important for the health professional to be developing themself also. It is difficult for a professional to be a great physician if they haven't grown in all areas of their life. Truly, life is a constant growing experience and we never know everything but, it is important to be working on your selves each day. When we do this it enables us to really give our fullest as a health professional and take care of ourselves so, that we can take care of others as well.
For me, at this point of my life, psychological and spiritual growth comes when I have a plan, setting goals to accomplish my plan. Ways for me to help myself psychologically and spiritually is, first of all, do not stretch myself too much, and see to the completion of projects that are already on my plate. Planning allows flexibility.
Thanks again for all your great comments!!
Afrin,
ReplyDeleteI ditto your statement "planning allows flexibility." I find that planning allows me to control the controllable so that I am prepared when things get out of control - which they do at times.
Accomplishing what we set out to do before adding more projects to the plate is a huge psychological boost!
I hope you are having a relaxing Mother's day.
Sherry
Afrin, I think that you were not alone in your challenges with the exercise this week. As I read through the other students blogs, I see this as a common theme.
ReplyDeleteYou are right that leaving a few empty places on your plate can do much for the spirit and give you the much needed time for relaxation. I find that 30 minutes in the morning before the buzz of the day starts works best for me. Blessings.
Hi Afrin, I actually really like this meditaion exercise this week. I was really able to focus whereas the other weeks it has been more diffcult. I love how you explained the quote about leading. I actually use that philosophy daily at work how you described it. "Leading by example" I am not in the health and wellness industry yet but that statement can be applied to any profeesion. Thanks for the great post!
ReplyDeleteI loved this exercise, it is really hard to feel the strength of it unless you can set aside some time to focus, with intent, and solitude... it is hard to accomplish this if you are over stressed and multi-tasking... it is really worth trying again when you can clear your mind and enjoy the experience...
ReplyDelete