“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

HW-420 Unit 3 "Rating My Well-being"

Rating My Well-being

I will rate my well-being on a scale 1 to 10 (ten being optimal well-being). I will also look at why I rate myself as I do.

A-Physical well-being will be rated 9. I have been physical active almost a year now never stopped in between unless it was an injury or while traveling but over all, I am happy with my current level of exercise and I do aim for at least 45 minutes of physical activity per day approximately 60 minutes total. Along with daily regular activity, I also engage myself in Yoga 2-3 days per week as this helps with balance and flexibility. I do eat a well balanced and healthy diet to maintain my weight.

B-Spiritually-I am about an 8 or so. I have strong faith and belief in God. God has been so good to me and done so much for me. I can't afford not to believe and have faith in god. spiritually seems to be the only state I try to remain my balance at all times and try not to give up "hope" and try to keep up my spirit's on a positive level.

C-Psychological well-being- I would rate my psychological well-being somewhere at an 8. I practice relaxation techniques such as charka meditation and yoga. This helps me activate the relaxation response. When practiced regularly, these activities lead to a reduction in my everyday stress levels and a boost in my feelings of joy and serenity.

My Goals

My goals for each aspect of mental, psychological and spirituality will always be a work in progress. I will always continue to seek knowledge of not only myself but for the benefit of others as well. Exercising needs to be improved as always. Spirituality I do pray fives times a day and would want to continue to do so and it’s always good to be thankful for what we have. Mentally, I will and do try to keep my mind sharp not only calm to where I can focus but active as well through my studies and through games that enhance the memory and concentration.

Activities

Activities or exercise that I can implement in my life to assist in moving toward each goal are as follows:

A.) Physical well-being- activities to try and incorporate different physical activities into my life. These activities can be as simple as playing outdoor with my kids.

B.) Spiritual well-being- would be adding a few minutes each day to thank the higher powers for the life I have and learn to appreciate the positive aspects in my life.

C.) Psychological well-being- would be learning to let go of the things that frustrate me and realize that some of these things are far beyond my control.

The Crime of the Century

For some reason I can not open this page.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post, it seems like you have a good integrated balance in your life, supporting each of the four quadrants for integrated healing - and utilizing the principles of good health and nutrition, exerise, spiritual support and nourishing, as well as activities to enhance the emotional and intellectual pursuits as well.. I like the balance and harmony exhibited in your over all good feelings about your life and your support systems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afrin,

    I love your goals! It sounds like you have great balance in your life, but you leave room to continue to improve, grow, and stretch yourself. Your physical activity is comprehensive, your spiritual life well rounded, and your psychological life is well grounded and healthy. You are a great example of how to live life and experience wellness on a holistic level. Your goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely (SMART).

    I really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for the comments you left on mine. :)

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afrin, I really enjoyed reading your post. It sounds like you have great goals for yourself and they appear to be well thought out. I wish you the best as you work to optimize your integral health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afrin, I really admire the balance you have in your life. since I started this journey my pray life is wonderful, I will get up in the morning meditate for at least 20 min,and walk for an hour then I start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Susan,

    Thanks for your comments. Prayer plays important role in my life. It gives me satisfaction. I can live free from worry by praying and I feel that god always answers our prayer. May the journey you have started give you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Afrin! I love your goals you chose and you seem to be so well balanced. I feel like I have good balance too. Prayer is such an important factor. I too have a strong sense of faith in God and pray daily but I feel for those who may not believe in God prayer can still be hopeful, just in what you beleive. Most people no matter what religion you may practice beleive in hope and something greater is out there.

    ReplyDelete