“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

HW-420 Unit 6

The universal Loving Kindness exercise and Integral Assessment


I enjoyed the universal loving kindness exercise. It’s something that I say while praying. It was a great way to stay focused and get negative thoughts out of my head.

Integral Assessment-I enjoyed this assessment as well because it has you reflect on your life and things you want to change. I do this often but I don't sit down and actually think "What aspect of my life is the cause of suffering!" I am not suffering in any way. I just have random thoughts about little changes I want to make in my life and my families lives to make it better.
I didn’t really discover anything. I am a very happy, healthy individual and feel like I have pretty much everything in my life that I need. I want to continue doing meditations and focusing and increasing my awareness of myself. I know that it will make a difference in every aspect of my life and, as I continue to work on it, others will be able to tell. Maybe I'll even be able to inspire someone else to work on their personal awareness and inner health!

Afrin

3 comments:

  1. Hi Afrin,

    I enjoyed the universal loving-kindess exercise too. The idea of incorporating into prayer is a great idea!

    I agree that the integral assessment helps a person reflect on life and the things that are either working or not working. It helps us be mindful about the direction we want to go by asking ourselves if what we are doing currently will help us get to that goal or is it a distraction.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afrin, I think it is a good idea to use this exercise while praying. I think that this exercise was a great way to just calm your mind and release the negative thoughts and put the focus on what to change for the better in life and to help others achieve this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the universal Loving Kindness exercise was going to be easy because it was so short. I was able to successfully focus my mind and relax my body for the first three minutes of repeating the four phrases . However, after those first three minutes, my mind began to wonder. I think my mind was a bit bored, to be honest.

    I enjoyed the questions the Integral assessment provided as it made my mind really think about the answers to the questions the narrator was asking

    ReplyDelete